The Grassroots Development Topical Interest Group (GDTIG) provides opportunities for practitioners to share experiences, insights, strategies and resources important to our work with often marginalized communities, individuals and groups.  The GDTIG meets annually at the SfAA conference and participates by presenting papers, and holding open discussions.  This year, we have joined the SfAA Community Network to keep our dialogue going, and invite you to join if you have similar interests in helping groups solve their identified contemporary problems.  Students are welcome. 

12 Members
Join Us!

You need to be a member of appliedanthro to add comments!

Join appliedanthro

Comments are closed.

Comments

• M'bote y'all, I am an applied anthropologist with over 30 years of community development in Latin America and now Africa - working to channel resources from REDD+ carbon offsets to poor remote rainforest villages in the DRC (12.1 mil ha., 1.5 mil people, 30 year time frame)--6 years in with the villagers and still in the early stages--can use all the help and advice I can get as I am the only social scientist on the project.   

• Hi! I'm a Portuguese anthropologist I've been working on wind power, social change and environmental justice and would like to join the group!

Cheers, Ana

• New member :)

• Aloha all, I work in rural Cambodia with disenfranchised communities who do not have access to post-primary education.  We use ethnography to build the learning community, and to identify local needs and wants.   I'd love to hear from others doing similar work.  Is anyone out there using anthropology -- and specifically ethnography -- as the basis for their social justice work in the community?  

This reply was deleted.