In case you were at a loss for what to do in June, and/or are passionate about policial ecology, and are tempted by the title of this meeting, look at this brilliant course:
After successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of new dynamics between autoritarian populism, post-truth, the state, the environment, and the intersections among these;
- Critically reflect on different political ecology approaches to these themes and employ these in social science research;
- Broadly understand some of the main contestations around these themes in relation to theoretical traditions, empirical emphases, political projects and material resources;
- Formulate whether and how elements of these discussions and contestations could fit on and contribute to their own research projects;
- Engage in active learning, critical thinking and academic debating, especially by positioning oneself in (relation to) academic contestations.